Sunday, March 3, 2019

Bad Time for a Blog...Good Timing for Personal Growth

So, I began this blog back in 2016, and I started off with several posts. Then my blog went silent for several years.  It was a classic case of, "I'm going to start a blog" and then not following through after writing a couple posts. Well to be fair, my timing was poor. I decided to start a blog right about the time that I was beginning an Ed.D. program. Anyone who has attempted a doctoral program understands that they can be very time consuming and involve a lot of writing. If you don't believe me you can check out my dissertation here. All 298 pages were drafted, revised, edited, and rewritten numerous times. But I'm proud to say I did it. I finished. Also, I learned a lot along the way. Now that I'm finished I'm hoping to become more involved in being a resource to teachers again.

I Finished my Doctorate and can now Resume my "Normal" Life
My focus over the past several years was researching how teachers can foster student creativity in classrooms subject to high-stakes testing, and maintain their passion for teaching. It can be so easy to get bogged down in the system and all the requirements and educational mandates. I was fortunate enough during my research to meet with 16 teachers who were fostering creativity in their students and avoiding burnout which claims so many teachers. Of course you can read the study for yourself, but I will be breaking down my research a highlighting various elements that are important to teachers in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment